Just a reminder:the natural diet of these birds is BONES. Not just bone marrow; actual bone shards. They pick up huge freaking bones from carcasses and drop them onto rocks until they get spiky pieces and then they swallow them. Their stomach acid dissolves bone.
look me in the eye and tell me that’s not a fucking dragon
And they aren’t naturally red like that. That’s self-applied makeup. They find the reddest earth they can to work into their feathers as a status symbol.
And they don’t scavenge other parts of carcases, just the bones. 85-90% of their diet is exclusively bone. Hence why it’s only a myth that these birds would just pick up whole lambs and carry them off. It’s not true, but in German they’re still called Lämmergeier as a result.
There is this website called Thrift Books and I just got $66.90 worth of books for $19.93 (five books). Shipping was free. You’re welcome.
Yes! I just bought $82 worth of books for $17.85!
Holy crap! Reblogging mostly so I’ll be able to come back to the link myself more easily later!
Bad Blood by Bastille (x)
1. Watching trash tv while eating comfort food. That is some healing me-time right there.
2. Playing/cuddling with my dog:) He is the dumbest, cutest, silliest dog on the planet, and I love him.
3. Spending time with the chillest dude ever, kdizzle1:D Watching tv, napping, reading, eating, whatever it is, we make it fun together<3
4. Gourmet mac n cheese. I’m hittin’ some up later this weekend, and I am positively stoked.
5. When you’re sketching and everything just comes together really smooth, no artist’s block or anything. That’s the best:)
6. Research. Like, finding stuff out for a project or paper I’m working on is something I’ve actually grown to really enjoy. Which is a good thing, because grad school involves a lot of research.
7. My crazy, ridiculous, big, LOUD, family always makes me happy!
8. Sailor Moon Crystal, of course.
9. Planning things on Pinterest. Its dangerous, I know, but so freaking addicting!
10. That feeling you get when you’re talking to someone about something you absolutely love, and the two of you are just really vibing on it together. Aggghhhh, I love it when other people love the things you love. (Damn that’s a lot of lovin’)
11. Snuggles, cuddles, whatever you call it, I love curling up with le dude and getting all snuggly and comfy. <3
12. CUPCAKES. (Like it would really be a list of things that make me happy without cupcakes.)
13. Peanut butter chocolate banana smoothies. They are the literal best.
14. Babies, puppies, baby animals, tiny cute things always make me happy:)
15. Yoga pants!!! If yoga pants don’t make you happy, I’m sorry, but you may be a lost cause.
And I’m tagging kdizzle1, rainydaysandoceanwaves, kissesheartsandpoptarts, adarhysenthe, kastiakbc, notsoplainbutinsanejane, maggins, kalliente, mielstrom, and rosslynpaladin because they are all wonderful, lovely people:)
I can finally see my messages, now that I’m back on a computer! I found out the hard way that I can’t see tumblr messages on my phone.
So I will be drawing out your lovely number/question thingys as soon as I can:)
tragedy strikes the enterprise